Be careful what you wish
Do you believe in mermaids? I am not sure but I adore mermaids and today I have a Z-Fold card with a lot of dimension and a very special mermaid to share with you. I made my card with Kaleidacolor inks and Fireworks, two magic products because with them you can made extraordinary things!
I will start with the simplest part, the folding of the card. This model is called Z-Fold and you need a piece of card stock of 4-1/4”x11”. Make a score in 2-3/4”, 5-1/2 and create and mount and valley and voila! Your Z-Fold is created.
Now the most interesting part is how you can use the Kaleidacolor inks in different ways. In this sample I used a piece of whisper white card stock, shaving cream and acrylic blocks of different sizes. I used Caribbean Sea Kaleidacolor Ink. The process is simple:
- Put a little amount of shaving cream over your mat.
- Ink the block with the kaleidacolor ink using at the same time different colors.
- Apply the shaving cream over the ink using a pallet.
- Pass the acrylic block over the card stock
- Repeat the process until you have the design that you want.
6. When the paper is totally dry cut it with a die cut to create the weaves. Also cut some waves using the same color of the card base.
7. Cut a rectangle or square of the height that you want for the front of your card. It can cover all of the inside image or only one part. In my sample I covered it partially.
8. Paste over this rectangle the waves using On-Point Glue. And then paste the rectangle over the folding part of the Z-Fold.
Now is time to create the inside panel of the card. In my model I used a digital stamp of a Viena Mermaid by Nikki Burnette and a rubber stamp for the sentiment. First, I printed the mermaid and then I stamped the sentiment with Teal Zeal Memento Ink.
Then I colored the mermaid with Fireworks and if you are asking how to make this, it is very easy, just use a paint brush and mix and match the colors and you will have the most wonderful tones that you can imagine.
What do you think? Please let me know bellow.
Thank you for stopping by. See you soon!
Imagine Products Used:
- Kaleidacolor: Caribbean Sea
- Fireworks Spray: Angel Pink, Bahama Blue, Cottage Ivy, Rich Cocoa, Grape Jelly, London Fog, Lilac Posies, New Sprout
- Memento: Teal Zeal
- Tear It! Tape
- Craft Mat
- Careful what you wish by So Suzy Stamps
- Mermaid Stamp – Vienna – Digital Stamp by Nikki Burnette
- Teal and Whisper White Card Stock
- Weaves Die cut from Lawn Fawn