COLOR INSPIRATION CHALLENGE PEEK A BOO DESIGNS
It is another month for Color Inspiration Challenge in Peek a Boo Designs and this month I decided to use one of my favorites stamp sets from this company with a watercolor technique, Indian Motif . Take a look at my card:
Since the color combination for this month offered me a wide range of colors, I decided to use distress inks to obtain something similar. First take a look at the inspiration photo and then I will explain to you how I made my card:
- Cut the base of the card using Elegant Eggplant card stock. The size is 4-1/4’x11″with score in 5-1/2″
- Cut a second layer using Wisteria Wonder card stock and paste it directly over the card base. The size is 4-1/8″x5-3/8″.
- Cut a third layer using watercolor paper. The size is 4″x5-1/4″.
- Stamp the images from the stamp set Indian Motif using Versamark and White Embossing Powder. Melt the powder with the heat tool.
- Ink a mat with one single color of distress ink and spray it with water.
- Put your embossed layer directly over the mat and let the ink dry.
- Apply a second color of ink and repeat the process. Use all the colors that you want but allow the paper to dry between each color. I used the colors Seedless Preserves, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn and Mermaid Lagoon.
- Cut the Inspire Die Cut word using Whisper White card stock and paste over the watercolor layer.
- Decorate with gold metallic thread and some sequins.
Now it’s your turn to participate and play with us on the Color Inspiration Challenge of Peek a Boo Designs. It is easy and offers great prizes. You will find all the DT Inspiration and information to participate HERE!
See you later with more inspiration because today is Challenge Day!