FLAG AND 4TH OF JULY BLOG HOP
Welcome to Flag and 4th of July Blog Hop! The members of the Design Team of Joy Clair Stamps are so glad you joined us for this special event.
We want to inspire you by using two different new stamp sets that Joy Clair launched recently, specially for this celebration. They are Grungy Flag Background and Happy Fourth. Both stamp set are available in our Joy Clair Store and you can use them to create amazing projects. As usual during this blog hop, Joy Clair is offering amazing prizes to share with you!!! Just be sure to leave comments during the hop so you can be entered to win one of two $25 Joy Clair Stamps Gift Cards!!!
If you came from Lindsay’s Blog or you are starting here, then you are in the right place! Let me show you today’s project. I made a card combining both sets and using the embossing and masking techniques. Take a look at my card:
Let me share with you how to make this:
- Create the base of the card using Night of Navy card stock. The size is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ with score in 4-1/4″.
- Cut a second layer using Real Red card stock. The size is 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Cut a third layer using Whisper White card stock and work your design on it.
- Using the misti, arrange the Grungy Flag Background over your card stock and with Masking Tape or Post it Tape, create an undulate border to simulate the border of the flag.
- Ink your Grungy Flag Background using Versafine Satin Red and Versafine Deep Lagoon.
- Stamp the Grungy Flag Background over the card stock and remove the masking tape or post it tape.
- Cover the stamped image with Clear Embossing Powder, remove the excess of the powder and melt with the heat tool.
- Take the sentiment from the stamp set Happy Fourth. Using post it tape or masking tape cover the words happy and of July and ink the word Fourth using Versafine Satin Red.
- Stamp over the same layer and cover with clear embossing powder and melt the powder with the heat tool. Clean your stamp.
- Repeat the process but now covering the word Fourth and using Versafine Deep Lagoon for the words Happy and of July.
- Paste the third layer over the decorated base and celebrate a Happy Fourth of July!!!
Thanks so much for stopping and be sure to leave comments during this blog hop so you can be entered to win one of two $25 Joy Clair Stamps Gift Cards. Joy Clair winner will be announced on the Joy Clair Blog at the end of the month with the Challenge winner. Now it is your turn to continue the hop. The next stop is with my colleague Lori Kobular. If you need help along the way, here is the full list with links to get you around.
Hop with us. Be sure to visit each of the designers on this blog hop to have the chance to win!