JULY AROUND THE WORLD BLOG HOP
Welcome everyone to July Around the World Blog Hop, CASE the catalog, use catalog samples for inspiration! We have a book, plenty of ideas and all the design team of Around the World are bringing you Stampin Up projects showing you inspiration and creations!.
Creating this card was very simple – can you believe I didn’t use watercolor inks or distress inks? I just used dye ink!
- Cut the base of the card using whisper white card stock. The size of this is 4-1/4″x11″ with score in 5-1/2″.
- Cut a second layer using watercolor paper, the size of this is 4″x5-1/4″.
- Chose 3 different colors of classic ink. In my sample I used Pool Party, Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral Classic Inks, all from Stampin Up.
- Stamp three butterflies using your ink selection and punch them. I used an image included on the stamp set Papillon Potpourri from Stampin Up.
- Take the watercolor layer and start to applying the ink using an aqua painter or a paint brush. Begin with the lightest color.
- Let the watercolor paper dry naturally or you can speed up the process using the heat tool.
- Paste the inked layer over the card base.
- Decorate your card with the stamped butterflies and a sentiment. For my sentiment, I combined two words included on the stamp set Thoughtful Banners from Stampin Up.
At the end, you don’t notice the difference between the inks because you used watercolor paper and a watercolor technique to create the effect. You never will have the same card using this process and all your cards will turn out unique.
I hope my project inspired you to experiment with you inks and share with us your creations. Quick and beautiful! Don’t you think?