SHAPES JOY CLAIR CHALLENGE
Shapes is the theme for Joy Clair Challenge this month and I found the perfect reason to play with this Tufted Buttons Background stamp that I have from Joy Clair since a few months and by the way show you a sneak of one of the new stamp sets, Hello Sentiments (…my new favorite scrip set!!!).
To created my card I used the color inspiration that the Challenge gave to use and you can do the same to make your creation and play with us. This is the inspiration photo, and now is more easy to participate and join us because you can use any brand of stamp, just need to follow the inspiration photo!
Come back to my card, I used soft suede card stock for the base and watercolor paper for the second layer.
- Stamp the Tufted Buttons Background over the piece of watercolor paper using Memento Paris Dusk Ink.
- Apply distress ink with an aqua painter or brush. I used the colors Broked China, Salty Ocean and Gathered Twigs. I left the buttons without color. Let the paper dry.
- Stamp the word happy from the stamp set Hello Sentiments using Soft Suede classic ink and cut if using the SVG file that come with the stamp set or simply cut it with scissors.
- Stamp the complement on the sentiment to create a banner. This complements are also included on the same stamp set, Hello Sentiments.
- Use a double stitched Rectangle die cut to create a frame over the watercolor piece.
- Cut the same piece using fun foam and paste this behind of the watercolor piece.
- Paste the decorated layer over the card base.
- Paste the sentiments using dimensionals or liquid scrap dots.
- Splatter glimmer mist golden orange from Tattered Angels over the card.
I used the fun foam to give more high and texture to the watercolor paper. This is a great tip to give body to your cards.
Don’t forget the great news about the amazing possibility that you have to participate and win with the Joy Clair Challenge. The prize is a $25 gift card certificate from Joy Clair Store and the new sets are incredible!!!
We will wait for you!!!