My succulents with Rinea Foil
Hello everyone, Martha Lucia here to share with you my new succulents. I had an idea that has been running through my head for a long time and here it is using Emerald/Gold Glossy Foil Paper and a cube from FloraCraft:
To make this I used a 3″x3″ cube from Floracraft. With a plastic knife I cut the lateral borders to change the form a little and then I painted with a sponge using Iridiscent Shimmer Paint Gold from Earth Safe Finishes.
While the paint dried, I cut the flowers using die cuts from different sizes and models. I used a collection called Floral Frames from Stampin Up.
After cutting each flower through my big shot, I cut inside of each petal with my scissors to make these more deep and can give the form that I wanted for the succulent. I inked each petal directly with ink pad using StazOn Gothic Purple.
This ink dries very quick so you don’t have to wait a lot or apply another product to fix it over the foil if you are using a single color. Then I started to give form to each petal using a tortillone or any other round piece according with the size of the flower.
Finally I assembled each layer of the flower, secured them with a glimmer brad in the center and inserted it on top of the painted floracraft cube. I also decorated the sides of the floracraft cube with a tiny piece of the gold side of Rinea Foil.
I hope this idea inspired you to create different things using Rinea Foil. This material is great to work with and always gives you the form that you need.
See you soon!