WOW EMBOSSING POWDER BLOG HOP
Welcome to Wow Embossing Powder Blog Hop ! We are so excited to bring you some gorgeous projects featuring the WOW Design Team 2015 and 2016 and give them a proper farewell! If you are coming from Maya Isaksson’s Blob, you’re in the right place and if you’re just stopping by you can start here. Don’t forget to leave a comment on each blog to be entered into the many drawings for prizes. You will have a chance to win some not-yet-released WOW! products.
This is my first card, as you remember I love to create more with my scraps, but I will show this at the end. To make this card I used FIVE amazing WOW products. Two WOW stamp sets and two WOW Embossing Powders and one Ink. Let me tell you how I made this:
- I cut the base of the card using Whisper White card stock. The size is 4-1/4″x11″ with score in 5-1/2″
- I took a piece of watercolor paper and applied distress ink with an aqua painter. I used the colors Cracked Pistachio, Picked Raspberry and Fossilized Amber.
- When the paper was dry. I randomly stamped the images of the stamp set WOW Sparkle & Shine over the colored paper using the WOW Embossing Pad.
- I covered the stamped images with WOW Coastal Embossing Powder and melted with the heat tool.
- Using a rectangle stitched die cut I cut a layer.
- I took another piece of Whisper White card stock and inked the entire surface of this directly with the WOW Embossing Pad.
- I covered the inked paper with WOW Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder and melt with the heat tool.
- I took the Birdhouse Trio Die Cut from DieNamites and passed it through the Big Shot using the white embossed paper.
- Also I cut the same die cut 3 more times using regular white card stock to paste all in the same place and create more dimension. I keep the embossed piece on top and pasted this with dimensionals or double sided foam tape.
- I paste this piece over the card.
- I stamped a message over a Basic Black card stock using a word from the Mr Wow’s Wonderful Words Stamp Set and WOW Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder.
Now you are asking about the left overs?
Well, with the scraps I created some strips of the same length and I converted it into another card!
To assemble this I used Blackberry Bliss card stock for the base. I embossed a border and a word from the stamp set Mr Wow’s Wonderful Words using WOW Opaque Bright White. For the die cut I used a left over from the embossed white card stock that I made for my first card and I cut the word love using foam to paste behind.
If you leave comments on each of the Design Teams posts which will give you more a chance to win some not-yet-released WOW! products. We will be giving away 1 of each of these sets to three lucky winners! The new products will be available from May on wards.
- Designed by Marion Emberson: Hey Little Flower Stamp *NEW*
- Designed by Marion Emberson: Just Saying Stamp *NEW*
- Designed by Marion Emberson: Strawberry Sundae Embossing Powder *NEW*
- Designed by Marion Emberson: Blueberry Cheesecake Embossing Powder *NEW*
- Designed by Marion Emberson: Peppermint Tea Embossing Powder *NEW*
- Designed by Marion Emberson: Banana Split Embossing Powder *NEW*
- Designed by Marion Emberson: Mint Macaroon Embossing Powder *NEW*
- Buttons Mould
- Hearts Mould
Thanks for stopping by – your next stop is Trish Latimer. If you get lost or a link isn’t working, here is the list of blogs:
Please leave comments on each stop by Saturday 30th April at 11:59 PM BST for a chance to win. Good luck and happy hopping!
Where to Buy: