JOY CLAIR & IMAGINE BLOG HOP DAY 1
Welcome to the Joy Clair & Imagine Blog Hop Day 1, the perfect match with stamps and inks! We are so glad you joined us for this fun collaboration blog hop.
We have two different design teams, full of talented ladies that will surely inspire you along the way. And of course amazing prizes to share with you!!! Just be sure to leave comments during the hop so you can be entered to win one of two $25 Joy Clair Stamps Gift Cards and one of two $25 Gift Cards from Imagine!!!
If you came from Imagine’s Blog or Joy Clair’s Blog, or you are starting here, then you are in the right place! I have the honor and pleasure to design for both teams and using their products is a complete passion for me. Let me start with today’s project. I made a card using the All Things Possible stamp set from Color by Faith Collection by Joy Clair and Fireworks and Memento Ink from Imagine. Take a look at my card:
Let me share with you how to make this:
- Create the base of the card using Tempting Turquoise card stock. The size is 5-1/2″x8-1/2″ with score in 4-1/4″.
- Cut a second layer using Whisper White card stock.
- Take a cloud stencil and fix over the white card stock using masking tape. I used a want2scrap stencil.
- Apply Bahama Blue Fireworks Spray from Imagine. If you don’t already know, the Fireworks! sprays add color and shimmer to any paper-crafting project. Their unique water-based formula allows Fireworks! inks to be highly visible on both light and dark card stock. They are also available in a wide range of colors that complement the Memento dye ink line of ink pads and markers.
- Remove the stencil and let the background dry. It only take a few seconds. If you want you can resize this piece using a decorated frame die cut. I used the cross stitched rectangle die cut from Gina Marie Designs.
- Stamp the pig images from All things are Possible stamp set over a separate piece of Whisper White card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Mix a few drops of Ink Potion No. 9 from Imagine with a few drops of Fireworks. With a paint brush start to paint the piggies. If you want you can combine the colors or use a single color. I used Lilac Posies and Dandelion Fireworks.
- Cut the piggies included on the stamp set All things are Possible with scissor or with the SVG files that come FREE with each Joy Clair stamp set.
- Stamp the sentiment included on the All things are Possible stamp set using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I edited the sentiment to create a horizontal line and made a banner. Then I decorated the banner with a thin border of Tempting Turquoise that I pasted using OnPoint Glue from Imagine.
- Paste the decorated layer over the card base using Tear It! Tape from Imagine. It is a double sided tape which is acid free and perfect for cards and scrapbook projects.
- Paste the piggies and sentiment using dimensionals or foam double sided tape.
Thanks so much for stopping and be sure to leave comments during these two days of hop so you can be entered to win one of two $25 Joy Clair Stamps Gift Cards or one of two $25 Gift Cards from Imagine!!! Joy Clair winners will be announced on the Joy Clair Blog at the end of the month and Imagine winners will be announced on the Imagine Blog. Now it is your turn to continue the hop. The next stop is with my dear friend Jennifer Vanderbeek. If you need help along the way, here is the full list with links to get you around.
Hop with us. Be sure to visit each of the designers on this Day 1 of blog hop!
MAY 17 -DAY 1
Martha Lucia Gomez – YOU ARE HERE!!!